Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Jibber Jabber

I got nothin' to say, but I gotta write. 

This morning, I'm tired, but basically content.  I have noticed that I'm too busy.  I can't remember the last time that I could just come home after school and do nothing.  I can't even do my dishes or laundry-- there's always so much to do.  Well, I do kind of prioritize...  I had plans the other day, and like always I needed to run home from school to do this and that and then run out again and then meet someone and then get Knox home and yadda yadda yadda...  But instead of doing what I was supposed to, I took a bath.  When I went to bed the laundry basket was still full, and so was the sink, and it took me days to catch up.  So, one of these days very soon I'm going to have to disappoint someone and just stay home and vegetate; but not even vegetate; get some laundry done while I catch up on Dexter.  That sounds like heaven.

I like to take a bath with a candle burning.  I have a great bath.  I've described it before, but for those of you not in Japan, I'll tell you again:  Japanese bathrooms are great.  You walk into the shower room, mine is maybe 7 feet by 6 feet (I'm bad at those kinds of guess-timations) and there is a tub.  You can stand and shower, or walk around and shower... I often times take a quick shower and then, since it's cold and I want to stay in the warmth, but I don't want to waste so much water, I get into the tub and plug it while I stand there.  That way the tub is filling up and eventually I can transition into the bath.  Then I can turn the water off and continue to enjoy the warm water.  I leave a candle burning in the window between the little toilet room and the shower room.  It's really nice and relaxing.  I should add some Enya or something equally stereo-typically relaxing.

I've learned about the post office lately.  It's not so bad.  I've learned to take good care of my packages before I go to the post, and not to go to my local post.  I take care of my packages by taping them up well and wrapping them with brown paper.  It makes them look so innocuous, so even if I have alcohol or some other product in there that I'm not supposed to mail, they think, "Wow, what a nicely wrapped package.  I can't disturb the paper that was so painstakingly folded over its corners.  I will not question the contents of this box, which clearly holds nothing illegal."  Yeah.  That's what they think.  And I don't go to the local post anymore because they have too much time and too many resources.  They have the time to unwrap my package, nose around inside, and re wrap it better than I did.  I want to avoid being investigated, so I go to the big city post.  Also, I had been intimidated by the mail slips that come when they try to deliver a package when you aren't home.  Sure, I have to make a trip to the post office, but I just go up to the back counter and they can find your package or easily schedule a redelivery for later the same day.  It's way better than doing it on the phone.  I was afraid because I was ignorant, but I'm friends with the postal service now.

So I have this "friend" who likes to tell me when my blog sucks.  She called me out for a post a couple of weeks ago.  I said, "But I posted that Karate chop one, that was fun."  She said, "That was weak compared to your other fun stuff."

Well exuuuuuuse me.

This friend (KAPGP) also reads every post and encourages me.  She gives me feedback on almost every post.  She keeps me motivated to write consistently.  If it weren't for her pestering me last October for post after post, I don't know if I ever would have kept posting consistently.  I didn't know anyone cared to read what I wrote, so I didn't get invested.  But once somebody showed support, even just one person, I was happy to write.  I really like my blog, so girl, thank you for keeping me going and helping me to keep my quality.  I'd write only for you.

As for my "weak" post... she was right.  It's like she knows what I'm thinking.  She usually FB chats me and gives me a one line summary of her opinion, and it's like she drew it straight out of my head.  It occurred to me to write a post about not wanting to write a post, but I thought, eh, I wrote this little snippet the other day.  I'll just post that.  What happened is that I had been having a lack of appropriate ideas.  There's plenty going on, but it's not mostly stuff I can tell the world.  But there's always something to say, at least, I always have something to say... well, not to SAY, to type.  I can type about stuff literally all day and never stop except out of hunger or a desired change of pace.  Or to wake my sleeping butt up. 

I don't have time to read this over before class, so I hope it doesn't suck too bad.  KAPGP?  Does it suck?  ;-)

From Japan,
Tiffany

1 comment:

Nichole said...

I know EXACTLY how you feel and I usually just opt for the disappointing people part. And I don't have a kid. You will get the hang of it but the living alone thing takes a bit of adjusting. Call me if you need a babysitter or to vent. <3